Real Wedding: Vintage England (aka my sister’s wedding!)

Kelly  |  July 23

I can’t believe its been almost a year since my sister Tracy got married… I traveled to England two weeks prior to the big day to help her with all the last minute details and to gather all the decor for the wedding. My sister wanted something that felt appropriate to the reception space and we talked about a color palette of soft blues, bits of lavender, and cream. I threw out the ideal of Toile which is that perfect shade of blue/grey and definitely had that old world elegance. Once we had that piece decided on, I ordered fabric and had my linen vendor make a runner for the head table and napkins for all the guests.

I brought the menus, linens & napkins, and a suitcase full of floral supplies with me (TSA was a big fan I’m sure). Tracy and I bought containers ranging from old tea sets, to old trophies, to vintage biscuit tins from flea markets and antique stores. I sourced flowers from the London Flower Market (I used Alagar, who were easy to work with and delivered the flowers directly to my sister’s house) and I ordered  garden roses from David Austin.

For seating cards, we found a vintage letterpress drawer to tuck the cards into. My mom was kind enough to write them all out, since I elected her as having the prettiest hand writing. The menus are from Wedding Paper Divas. I accented them with Italian paper from Paper Source and a “R” seal for Ryan (the groom’s last name). I got the seal and the wax from Letter Seals. My sister made the majority of the seals which we dubbed “Ryan money” since they looked like copper pennies.

Of course, what would an English wedding be without many proper pints? My dad, up top making friends with the groom’s family, and myself, after finishing setup.

There was much laughter and love that night, the two families with extremely different backgrounds came together and crushed many a pint. Above, my sister with my dad, below Tracy and I with the two bridesmaids, Lisa, my sister’s BF, and our cousin Jocelyn sharing a moment right after toasts.

My sister’s first dance was adorable… She chose “At Last” by Etta James which was fitting. They met in Australia while both were back packing and working… Mark is from England (though ethnically Irish) and she was an American… After much world trotting back and forth and going through the immigration process to get into the UK, it was nice to simply celebrate their new lives together.

I was absolutely in love with the adorable cake my sister designed with Georgina’s Cakes. The bride and groom figurines are sitting on a rucksack with a map and book saying Australia in reference to how they met. It was so much fun to get to spend time hanging out with my sister and her husband and seeing how happy they are. Congrats you too!!!

*And where is ceremony you might ask? It’s up on Snippet & Ink right here. Go look, the bride & groom photos are adorable! And I’m a big, big fan of the UK tradition’s of a confetti toss.

**And a very special thank you to the amazing Kirsten at Beaux Arts Photographie for coming all the way to London to shoot my sister’s wedding!

*** You can see more about my adventures in London right hereherehere and here.

Reception Venue: The Windmill, Clapham
Event Design & Production: Kelly Oshiro Design
Bride’s Dress: Marisa Baratelli
Bridesmaid Dresses: BHLDN
Cake Baker: Georgina's Cakes
Bride’s Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Inspiration Board #18: Sage & White
Shoepick
Shoesday

14 Comments »

1. New post: Real Wedding: Vintage England (aka my sister’s wedding!) http://t.co/8dYcfkeS

Comment by @KellyOshiro — July 23, 2012 @ 8:49 am

2. In love with all of the love! RT @kellyoshiro: New post: Real Wedding: Vintage England (aka my sister’s wedding!) http://t.co/t6eMrRI4

Comment by Loverly (@loverly) — July 23, 2012 @ 9:41 am

3. And see @KellyOshiro’s posts here http://t.co/uHtIT1gn and here http://t.co/kBDekbUm

Comment by @snippetandink — July 23, 2012 @ 10:30 am

4. I found this wedding on Snippet and Ink. It is FABULOUS! You did an amazing job. I photograph a lot of weddings, but have never come across one as lovely as this. If I ever get married I hope it will be just like this! Thanks for sharing it!

Comment by Jean Kallina — July 23, 2012 @ 10:43 am

5. Beautiful wedding! You did good. Loved the custom napkins and runner.

Comment by Anastasia Marie — July 23, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

6. [...] Such a beautiful English wedding! [...]

Pingback by Friday Link Love | The Sweetest Occasion — July 27, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

7. This is beautiful. Those cake toppers are great and that bride is just gorgeous. I love it, they did an excellent job.

Comment by Haylee — July 28, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

8. Love the colors in their florals!

Comment by Heather — July 29, 2012 @ 9:59 am

9. So wonderful to see a couple so much in love! And the setting you styled is absolutely lovely…with the muted palette, the toile, the gorgeous florals!

Comment by Bellenza Wedding Bistro — July 30, 2012 @ 6:50 am

10. So beautiful. She looks so happy and that cake is insanely creative! Very pretty. If you have a sec, I’d love to hear your thoughts on my latest posts.

peacelovedecor.com

Comment by Erin — July 30, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

11. [...] Wooden tables with Toile runners: Santa Barbara Chic Pom pom garland: Ruffled Graphic Place settings: Green Wedding Shoes Fabric Ceremony Backdrop: Ruffled [...]

Pingback by Wedding Awards | Lovestruck Social Events — August 8, 2012 @ 10:20 pm

12. [...] we thought it would be fun to cross-post about it, so you can also catch more photos and details on her blog. Such a sweet rainy day [...]

Pingback by Tracy & Mark | Shabby Chic Wedding in London | Snippet & Ink — September 12, 2012 @ 11:17 am

13. All the details for the wedding are lovely and perfect.

Comment by sandy — October 21, 2012 @ 7:31 pm

14. [...] 2: Pinterest; 3: Marianne Taylor Photography via Style Me Pretty; 4: Beaux Arts Photographie via Santa Barbara Chic; 5: Amy Newman Photography via Style Me Pretty; 6: via Little Stone House; 7: Pinterest; 8: Wedding [...]

Pingback by Bodas con lavanda. Ideas geniales para decorar tu boda. — September 2, 2013 @ 7:47 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL