This week Duo’s cooking up my one of my favorite foods, peaches!
Sprinkled with brown sugar, tarragon, and then grilled, the peaches get even sweeter.
Paired with blanched haricot vert (green beans) this salad is a light and refreshing treat. Here’s how you can make it yourself:
-2 Pounds Haricots Vert (may substitute blue lake beans, wax beans, etc.)
-3 each Peaches (Halved and Pitted)
-4 oz Red Rose Radish Sprouts (available at your local farmers market or specialty grocer)
-4 oz Chevre (Feta is a good substitute)
-¼ Preserved Lemon Rind (Salt Cured Lemon) – Rinsed and Minced
-3 Tbl. Plus 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
-½ tsp chopped tarragon
1 Tsp Maldon Sea Salt
Juice of ½ Lemon
2 Tbl Brown Sugar or Honey
- Clean Green Beans
- Blanch in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender – roughly 1 minute (it should taste like the sea and maintain it’s boil when the beans are submerged)
- Remove beans from blanching water and submerge immediately in ice water, drain and set aside while you gather remaining ingredients.
- Combine 2tsp olive oil with brown sugar and brush peaches, allow to marinate while you heat a pan or grill (a cast iron grill pan works well for this purpose)
- Grill peaches until sugar has caramelized and the peach has softened somewhat
- Sprinkle with tarragon
- Toss Green Beans and Sprouts with remaining olive oil, Preserved Lemon and lemon juice.
- Divide between 6 plates, top with grilled peach, crumbled chevre and sea salt
- Enjoy! Serves 6.
*Duo & Michael and Anna Costa are sponsors of Santa Barbara Chic