Who doesn’t love apple chips? Well this recipe by Le Petite Chef takes it the simple apple chip to a whole other level… Dipped in caramel and finished with fleur de sel these apple chips are the perfect compliment to your Thanksgiving menu.
Salted Caramel Apple Chips:
1/4 cup homemade or store bought caramel sauce (see how to make caramel here)
1-2 tsp Maldon sea salt
1. Heat oven to 225 degrees.
2. Slice apples 1/8 of an inch in thickness using a mandolin slicer and place in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheets.
3. Gently warm caramel in a heatproof bowl in 10 second intervals until softened.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush caramel over the top of one half of each apple slice.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 2 hours, checking after 1 hour and removing when apple slices begin to brown. Apple slices will begin to crisp up as they cool.
6. Sprinkle lightly with salt before serving.
A big thank you to Le Petite Chef for sharing this DELICIOUS recipe (these where gone shortly after this photo was taken).
Photography: Lane Dittoe
Food: Le Petite Chef
Styling: Kelly Oshiro of SB Chic
Hair & Makeup: Jess Wilcox
Clothes: Chapala & Parker
Location: Apple Lane Farms