I’m super pumped to be teaching my first ever flower and tabletop design workshop THIS weekend, Saturday Nov 2nd. The event is hosted at Flutter Magazine‘s space on Mission and will be FEATURED in the next print issue of the magazine. Grab the last ticket HERE. I’ll be demonstrating fall floral arranging and we’ll get to style a tabletop too.
A BIG thank you to all the support and promotion from 100 Layer Cake, Joel Serrato, Events by Phillipe, Bob Gail Events, Lilly & Louise, Santa Barbara Skinny, and Florabundance. And our sponsors: Flutter Magazine, Joel Serrato, Le Petit Chef, Town & Country Event Rentals, Vintage Vignettes, Midori Ribbon and Something Charming
If you’re interested in recreating this persimmon centerpiece in the workshop flyer here is the DIY I posted last year:
1. Since this container is wood, line the bowl with a piece of plastic (a trash bag would work).
2. Then soak two bricks of floral foam and place on the top and side.
3. Cut a piece of floral foam in half, length wise, and wrap with aluminum. This is where your stack fresh persimmons will go (and guests can take if they want, which is why I wrapped that piece of foam in alumnium, nobody wants their fall fruit with bits of floral foam!).
4. Begin placing the persimmon branches and bittersweet to create the base shape of your arrangement.
5. Place your dusty miller to cover the foam and use floral picks to place persimmons at different heights.
6. Place your flowers at different levels, alternating dahlias, ranunuculus and brunia to create texture and interest. Rotate the container regularly so you can make sure you’re arrangement will look good all the way around.
7. Place a stack persimmons in the lower right corner to finish and you’re done!